Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where Memories Go to Die


The quick fix.

I love photographs. I personally have thousands...all safely stored away files deep on random harddrives and flash drives, trapping the memories under dozens of little folder icons. I forget, when I stumble upon of these little icons, scrolling through the inch-sized images, how easily I smile.

Day to day, I go to the quick fix for happiness: buying whatever new shiney thing catches my eye. How long does it take for the shimmer to fade? Then, my answer to eternal happiness is forgotten by all but my credit card company and I'm looking for my next fix.

One by one, I'm posting my pictures, reliving the moment and reminding my brain that, years later, this is happiness. Memories and experiences. Let's create more of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment