Saturday, February 13, 2010

For V-Day Eve: Heart-Clogging Goodness

Quinton's does not do health.

There is no better place on the planet to shoot for a heart attack before 40 than the good old US of A. USA! USA!

I generally try to remember that I'm supposed to be eating better. Since moving to California and becoming a vegetarian (obligatory disclaimer I have to say whenever I tell people this: not one of those annoying preachy kinds! You can eat meat in front of me!). But holy moly do I struggle when I head back home to Kansas, ironically the Heartland of America. 

This particular little treat - cheesy baked potato soup in a homemade bread bowl with spicy chips, also made in house - can be found at Quinton's on Massachusetts Street in Lawrence, Kansas. I've watched many a KU game from this cramped gem of a bar. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Personally, this beats a box of chocolates any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment