Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh No, I'm Feeling Motivate

Step one. Get drunk more.

Always do the thing that scares you.

That's my favorite mantra to whip out whenever I'm especially babyish about doing something. This comes up more than you might think being. See, I like being single usually, it has many many perks. However, on occasion, its more enabler than encourager, especially when it comes to getting out and trying new things.

As I've now entered my 30s, I do think it's well past time to start being a bit stupid in my decision making. It's always been straight A's, college acceptance, dean's list, career...I've been an F-ing responsible grownup since I was 10 (with the occasional moment of insanity). Time to have some fun!

Now, I just need to figure out what that means. I wish I could hire like a life trainer, someone to tell me the kind of stuff I'm supposed to do to be all crazy womanish, like when I got a trainer at the gym. Only this time, I'd like for it not to end with me embarrassed on the floor after losing my footing on the treadmill looking at a bunch of strangers looking at me.

Anyway, I'm going to think about it...which probably isn't really in the spirit, but baby steps.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment